edit this post on github
I had a friend ask me for a go-to cauliflower rice recipe so here it is. I do feel like this is more of a “base”. If there’s something that will add a bit of spice🌶️ or variety✨ in your fridge feel free to experiment and throw it in.
I’ve only made this recipe, as written out, once, but have used cauliflower rice similarly lots before. It’s also awesome as a direct rice replacement in most stir-fries and curries if you’re into that.
- Cauliflower rice: frozen or fresh is fine
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 half white onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 eggs
- A pack of Tortillas
- soy sauce
- butter, or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- green onions
- sesame seeds (optional)
- sesame oil (optional)
- a handful of peanuts (optional)
- Put a large saucepan on the stove and set it to medium/high heat.
- While the pan is heating, dice all the veggies.
- When hot, add butter or olive oil to the pan (just to lightly coat the pan).
- Add peppers, white onion, garlic, and peanuts. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower rice and stir until incorporated. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Put 2-eggs in a bowl and whisk them together (we’re making scrambled!). add salt and pepper.
- Add a healthy amount of soy sauce and siracha to the rice; whatever your preference is.
- Make a well in the centre of the cauliflower rice and add your eggs and a lil’ sesame oil.
- Stir regularly until the eggs are scrambled, then incorporate them into the rice.
- Cook a little more till you’re happy with how things are looking and smelling.
- Add sesame seeds, green onion, and more siracha as a topper if you’d like
- Portion the rice into tortillas and wrap them up!
- You can eat the wraps as is, or fry them in the pan to get ‘em a bit crispy.
- Enjoy 🌯✨